I must say, the denialism and all-round quiet diplomacy we’ve witnessed from our South African leader, the president, Thabo Mbeki, is really paying off:
Zimbabwe is in ruins, and it falling further off the face of this earth. Excellent achievement, well done to the super-duo Thabo and Robert!
But more so, Zimbabweans and other foreign Africans are now being hunted down in our very own country, to the extent that today, a mob of looters:
- Beat some foreigner to the ground
- Laid a mattress over the kneeling man
- Set the mattress alight
- And let the man who is probably someone’s husband, father, brother, nephew, and friend, burn
- Whilst laughing at him
- The police tried to save him, by
- Throwing the burning mattress off the victim
- And extinguishing the human fire with a fire extinguisher
- Leaving behind a kneeling statue of ash and burnt flesh
- A living human with 100% burn wounds
- A person who felt the process of being beaten and his own flesh sizzling
- A man, with nothing left, no dignity, no life, no skin
- A man who died a couple of hours later
I am ashamed to be associated with this image. I am ashamed that there are people out there with no sense of humanity. I am ashamed, I am angry; I am actually fucking pissed off! This image better be a wake-up call to the South African government, to our very own president, who has so far left his people in the lurch, and has left those fleeing from his quiet diplomacy to burn in hell, literally!
If you don’t understand where I’m coming from, please do yourself a favour and click here to watch “Flames of Hate”.
Leave a comment